december 29, 2014

luke and his grandparents were rushing around the house to get everything ready for his relatives to come. my only job was to make sure peanut stayed out of the way and to give him a bath.

"don't try to get out of the bathtub, okay? they just washed this bathroom and if you get it all wet and soapy i will lock you outside in the snow," i warned. he gave me a blank stare before turning to scratch his neck with his back paw. i sighed heavily and turned on the bath. once the bathtub was filled i helped him hop in. he stayed calm, just sitting in the water as he watched me. i poured water on him and he only tried to jump out once but i was able to get him back in before he ran around. i was scrubbing soap into his fur when luke bursted in. peanut jumped up and out of tub to get to luke.

"luke," i groaned.

"shit, sorry," he sent me an 'oops' look. he brought peanut back over to me and we got him back into the tub. "i'll c-clean it up."

"okay," i nodded and went back to washing peanut.

when i was done i wrapped him up in a towel and went to luke's room.

"what am i supposed to wear tomorrow?" i pouted at luke.

"what you normally do."

"but it's your family and i have to impress them."

"alexa, ba- oh, wait. they won't care," his cheeks tinted pink and he looked away.

"i mean, we aren't dating but we kind of-"

"no! i have s-something planned!"

"you confuse me," i giggled before dropping down next to him on his bed, "but seriously, i can't wear ratty clothes when they get here. i basically live with you and if they're going to meet the girl you live with they probably want to make sure that she's okay."

"you're perfect," he smiled sheepishly.

"am not," i mumbled.

"yes you are and they'll love you, promise," he wrapped his arms around me. peanut was in between us so he couldn't cuddle up right next to me but he was still holding me tightly.

"even if i'm in a big sweatshirt and jeans that are falling apart?" i looked up at him with my big eyes and he got lost in them before shaking his head to snap himself out of his trance.

"they'll probably be wearing the same thing," he assured me and kissed the bridge of my nose.

«»

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀december 30, 2014

they were not wearing anything close to what i was wearing. i was in one of luke's sweaters and i had on my nicer pair of jeans. my nicer pair of jeans weren't that nice, though. they were only a little nicer than my other pairs because the hole in the knee wasn't that big and the hole on the thigh looked like it was meant to be there.

"luke," i hissed, "they're all dressed nicely."

"i know b-but you'll be okay," he whispered and grabbed my hand. i looked his aunt, uncle, and their two kids up and down. his aunt was in a nice, purple dress along with some leggings that looked very expensive. her hair was in perfect curls and she was wearing diamond earrings. his uncle was in khakis and a polo. their two children, a boy and a girl who looked a few years younger than like and i, were both in nice clothes. the boy had on blue jeans with a t-shirt and the girl was in skinny jeans and a blouse.

"y-you're fine," he chuckled when he took notice to how i was trying to hide behind him.

"i look like him homeless," i whispered.