october 22, 2014

we had just passed his house but he kept walking with me.

"uh, luke? your house is right there," i pointed to it.

shrug.

"don't you want to go home?"

he kept on looking ahead of him and continued to walk with me. i pursed my lips but continued to walk. i blushed profusely every time our hands brushed each other. i stared down at them and a few times it looked like he was going to hold mine but he always pulled it back to his leg. the next time our hands touched i gathered up some courage and laced our fingers together. his eyes widened as he glanced at me.

"this is still okay, right?"

he shrugged but held onto my hand tightly. i looked down at my shoes and smiled.

"i'm so tired," i mumbled as i gently leaned my head on his shoulder. he jumped a little but didn't move away from me.

"this makes it hard to walk," i giggled but kept my head leaned against his shoulder. i eventually leaned away from him so it was easier for us to walk.

"this is my house," i said once we reached it. he looked up at it but his face was blank.

"i'm gonna go now," i said quietly and started walking up to the porch. he followed.

"do you want to come in?" i asked awkwardly, "you can if you want."

i skipped the steps and he did too. he did it a lot easier than i did considering his legs were ten million miles long.

i got out my key to unlock and open the door. luke followed me inside.

"my mom is probably working at the café. normally i go there after i get a snack and put my stuff away..." i trailed off as i looked through the fridge. we had a can of olives, jar of pickles, jelly, milk, water, and a block of cheese. i sighed and moved on to the cupboard. roman noodles, a can of soup, and other spices and stuff.

"do you want anything?" i asked. his eyes were a little sad and concerned.

"it's okay if you want something, you can eat it," i shrugged. he didn't make a move for anything.

"i'm sorry. i hope you aren't hungry," i mumbled and looked down at my feet. he grabbed my hand and squeezed. i don't know why but that made me feel a little better. i looked up and met his eyes.

"i'm just going to go to the café if you want to come," i was hoping he would.
he shrugged and walked out with me.

"i'm sure my mom can't wait to meet you," i smiled up at him. he arched his eyebrows and looked down at me.

"her friend maggie knows about you, too. and this guy, marty, he's always there at this time and i'm sure he'd like to meet you too."

he searched my eyes worriedly.

"they're nice," i assured him, "if you want to leave just tap my shoulder, it'll be okay."

he ripped his eyes from mine and stared straight ahead.

«»

"here it is," i gestured to the small shop. i grabbed his hand and he gripped mine tightly, "they're really nice."

he bit his lip as he opened the door for me.

"thanks," i blushed slightly. he trailed behind me as i walked to the counter. i repeatedly hit the bell until my mom came into view. the counter was set in front of the wall that separated the kitchen from where you are and there was a little window.