december 16, 2014

alexa's pov:

i probably thanked luke's grandparents a million times for taking me home with them but they waved it off each time. the moment we were at their house i stumbled to luke's room and collapsed onto his bed. i was exhausted. i hadn't slept at all since luke left and my mom became addicted to her alcohol. i was constantly watching her like she was some baby who couldn't take care of herself and it made my life a living hell.

i pushed all of the bad thoughts out of my head and curled up under the blankets. i was so comfy and warm but my phone just had to ring.

"mhm?" i hummed sleepily once i answered it.

"alexandra marie cartwright, where are you?" my mother asked and then hiccuped. she was drunk, what a surprise.

"i'm at luke's."

"come home," she slurred.

"mom," i sighed.

"i will come get you if i have to!"

"please don't. i'm fine. just stay inside."

"i'm getting my keys right now."

i jumped out of bed and ran to anne.

"my mom's drunk but wants to drive to come get me, could you drive me home?" i pleaded.

she nodded quickly, "i'll meet you in the car." i slipped on my boots before running out into the snow. anne came out shortly after and quickly started the car and backed out of the driveway.

when we arrived at my house my mom was stumbling out of the house.

"get back inside," i sighed and pushed her back towards the door.

"so you decided to come back?"

"get into the house," i commanded through my teeth as i forcefully pushed her back and slammed the door.

"i thought you were going to leave me like your father did."

"get into your fucking room," i pointed to the door.

"since when did you become such a mom," she rolled her eyes.

"since when you decided to make me look after you every second!" i shouted and dragged her into her room.

"get off of me," she slurred and ripped her arm out of my grasp, "get me my wine."

"no," i said sternly.

"yes."

"no," i repeated and shut the door. i stomped back to the living room, grabbed a pillow, and screamed into it. i screamed until my throat hurt and i had no energy left to scream. i then fumbled with my phone before dialing maggie's number.

"hello, sugar!" she chirped.

"she's drunk," i mumbled.

"again?" she sighed.

"yes."

"just let her sleep it off."

"what the hell?!" i shrieked, "my mother is becoming an alcoholic and you're telling me to just let her sleep it off?! she needs help, not sleep!"

"alexa, sugar, please just calm down."

"i will not calm down! my life is in shambles and i am not just going to sit here and let it get worse!"

"it's the best thing to do. she'll come around, i promise."

"fuck you," i spat and hung up. i didn't mean to be that harsh but i was furious. i wanted her to stop and get better and just sleeping isn't going to get her anywhere.