december 25, 2014

"do you mean like a date?" i asked and stared at him with wide eyes.

he opened his mouth to say something only to snap it shut and nod.

"well, uh, " i honestly did like luke. hell, i'm pretty sure i was in love with him but i was too scared to admit it to myself. i wanted to say yes so badly but so many emotions were coursing through me all at once.

"it could b-be a friend thing?" he said awkwardly.

"do you want it to be a friend thing?"

he shook his head and looked down.

"yes," i said simply.

"y-yes?" he stuttered.

"yes, i do want to go out with you and i don't want it to be a friend thing," i admitted and his face lit up.

"i-i-i wow..." he breathed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"so, when is our this-isn't-a-friend-thing date?" i asked and giggled a little.

"now," he blurted.

"i don't think so, it's almost ten."

"oh," his face went red and he looked like a little adorable tomato with blonde hair.

"how about the day after tomorrow?" i asked and tilted my head to the side. he nodded eagerly and grinned at me, his dimples showing.

"i can't wait," i bit my lip, "you better have something fun planned."

"i do," he nodded. i desperately wanted to kiss him but i held myself back.

"i think i should go home. it's christmas and i feel kind of bad for leaving my mom alone," i mumbled. maggie was there but i was still her daughter.

"i'll w-walk you," he offered.

"wait! peanut!"

"h-he can stay with me."

"okay."

"c-call me if you need anything."

"i will," i nodded, "i'll probably be at your house first thing in the morning, anyway."

"okay," he smiled at me.

«»

"mom?" i called quietly when i entered our house. fuck it was cold. i stumbled into the living room where i found her and maggie sitting on the couch.

"look who decided to show," my mother sneered.

"i-i-" i stammered but then closed my mouth.

"did you have a nice christmas with your mute boyfriend?"

"he's not mute," i snapped.

"oh he isn't?"

"no, he talks now."

"are we talking about luke?" maggie asked.

"mhm," i nodded and smiled. just talking about him made me happy.

"well, that's great that he's talking now," she smiled.

"no it's not," my mom spat, "he's taking my daughter away from me."

"you're drinking is driving me away," i snapped. i knew coming home wasn't a good decision.

"i'm sober right now, aren't i?"

"when maggie leaves you won't be."

"sugar," maggie sighed, "please be nicer to your mom. again, she's going through a tough time."