december 5 2014

i spent the next period in the bathroom. i tried my hardest to not cry but i failed. the only thing i could do was make sure my sobs were quiet so no one heard. when the bell that signaled seventh period was starting i stood up, wiped my face, and walked out.

"alexa," my teacher reprimanded, "you're late."

"i know, i'm sorry," i mumbled and shuffled to my seat next to lindsey. i missed luke. i missed him a lot and i wanted him here, with me. after what lindsey said at lunch, i started thinking of the worst scenarios and it was freaking me out.

i felt lindsey's eyes on me but i ignored them. out of the corner of my eye i saw her lip-gloss covered lips part like she was going to say something but the guy behind her tapped her shoulder and shook his head. i recognized him from the table. she rolled her eyes before facing the board again. i glanced back at him, he was staring at me like i was some poor, lost puppy and that annoyed me but at least he stopped lindsey from saying something.

the minute the bell rang i was up and running to my locker. i wanted to go straight to luke's house but i let out a loud groan when i realized i had to go home to take care of peanut.

"why such a loud groan?" michael asked, a smirk on his face.

"because i have to walk home," i sighed. maybe he would drive me home.

"i'll take you home," he offered.

"thank you," i let out a sigh of relief as i slung my backpack over my shoulder and shut my locker.

"it's so fucking cold, fuck," he mumbled.

"how many times are you going to say 'fuck'?" i questioned.

he repeatedly said 'fuck' as we walked to his car.

"'fuck' is such a great word."

"i like how we can have conversations about it," he laughed and opened the door for me.

"thanks," i giggled and slipped into the leather seat. once he was in the car, he plugged his phone in and the sound of green day filled the car.

"is this okay?" he asked over the music.

"yeah!" i said loudly so he could hear me. he drummed on the steering wheel as he drove and before i knew it we were at my house.

"will you be at work?" he asked.

"um, well, i was kind of hoping to see luke so i don't know," i mumbled and played with my hands.

"i'll tell mrs. key that you're sick," he smiled.

"really?"

"if you want."

"thank you," i grinned, "thank you so much."

"don't mention it," he waved it off.

i pecked his cheek, "i'll see you tomorrow."

"bye," he smirked and i got out. i ran through the snow and shouted when i walked into the shitty house.

"i'm home!"

my mom, as usual, was not home but peanut came tearing down the stairs.

"did you miss me?" i grinned and rubbed his floppy ears. he barked and licked my face.

"gross," i laughed and pushed him down. i let him out to go to the bathroom and played with him a little bit before getting ready to leave.

"i gotta leave you again," i frowned, "i'm sorry."

he whined and tilted his head to the side.

"i'll be back," i whispered and kissed the top of his head. i grabbed my math folder and headed out. the frigid air nipped at my face and i tried to pull my beanie over my face but it wasn't helping.