january 23, 2015

i walked out of Luke's bathroom in my blue dress i had bought with rosa. luke and i were supposed to leave for our fancy dinner date in two minutes. i found him standing in the living room with his normal jeans along with a dress shirt.

"how do i look?" i asked nervously. i had curled my hair and i also put a little bit of make up on. i wasn't very confident and i knew i probably looked really weird all dressed up like this.

he grinned and played with his lip ring, "you look stunning."

i smiled and blushed at the ground. he gently grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door.

"wait," i froze, "how are we going to get there? it's like a 45 minutes away."

"we'll d-drive," he replied shakily, "i-i'll be fine."

"are you sure?" i asked.

"y-yes."

"luke, be honest with me. do you honestly believe that you can be in a car for 45 minutes? i'll be driving so i won't be able to put all my attention on you."

"i can do it," he nodded, sounding more confident, "i n-need to stop being such a pussy and actually deal with car rides. i can't spend my whole life a-avoiding them."

a smiled up at him, "should we go?"

"yeah," he nodded. we both got into the car and i glanced at him. so far he seemed fine. he seemed a little nervous but that was it.

"do you want to hold my hand?" i asked.

"mhm," he nodded and grabbed my hand after i had started the car.

his grip on my hand remained tight as i pulled out of the driveway. his breathing became quicker but he hadn't started crying or hyperventilating.

"you okay?" i asked.

"y-yeah," he exhaled shakily. i squeezed his hand reassuringly as i continued driving.

«»

we had finally made it to the restaurant. luke didn't cry, hyperventilate, or pass out in the car. he had a few moments where i thought i was going to have to pull over and calm him down but he just shook his head and told me to keep going.

"i'm so proud of you," i grinned and stood on my tiptoes to kiss him.

"i did it! i was in a car without c-completely losing my shit!" he exclaimed. i smiled at him before turning and walking into the restaurant. it was the restaurant next to the one we went to with rosa's family but then we left because of lindsey. this one was cheaper than the other.

"do you have a reservation?" the host asked us.

"um, there should b-be one under 'hemmings'."

"for two?"

"yep."

i gasped quietly, "i've never been to a place where you had to make a reservation."

"follow me," the host said so we did. he led us to a small table set for two. luke quickly rushed over to my chair and pulled to out for me so i could sit.

"anne marie will be your waitress for tonight but can i start you two off with anything to drink?"

"i'll have water please," i smiled.

"same."

"okay," he nodded and walked away.

i pouted, "why do all of these fancy places have their foods in different languages?"