april 30, 2015

(still luke's pov)

as we were walking out of the cemetery we ran into lindsey and michael. shit. i had forgotten that some people from school were here.

"listen, i really don't want your shit today. this isnt the easiest thing to go through and the last thing i need is your guys' insults," alexa sighed.

"we were actually coming to say we're sorry," lindsey mumbled awkwardly.

"we don't always insult you..." michael trailed off.

"yeah you do. can you please move?"

"we're sorry."

she nodded and pushed past them, leaving me behind.

"wait, baby, slow down," i rushed after her. she stopped and turned to bury her face in my chest.

"i was so mean to them," she whispered, "they were trying to be nice and i just..."

"it's okay. you were just worried they were going to say something and you're stressed and sad."

"all day everyday," she laughed weakly and pulled away. i intertwined our fingers and started walking towards the cafe. of course, we ran into her mum.

"hey, do you two know anything about that boy who just killed himself?" she asked.

"mom," she said through her teeth.

"it's so sad but kind of stupid, you know? he could of just gotten help but no, he just had to overdose. he probably didn't even have prob-"

"mom, shut up!"

"i'm just trying to get more information on him! maggie didn't tell me much!"

i felt tears fill my eyes and i choked back a sob.

"what's wrong with him?" she furrowed her eyebrows at me.

"that guy was his best friend," she growled and dragged me into the cafe.

i bit down on my trembling lip and stared at her with wide eyes.

"i'm so sorry. i'm so sorry oh my god," she muttered soothing things to me as she hugged me tightly.

"i'll go find somewhere to sit," i whispered and shuffled away. she soon came back with two hot chocolates.

"what do you want to talk about?" she asked.

i shrugged.

"want to talk about what will happen after you graduate? i've been thinking and talking to sarah a lot about australia," she grinned.

"we can talk about that."

"okay so i found a couple of apartments in this cute little city that's just fifteen or twenty minutes away from sarah. the city is so cute and it has everything we'll need in a walking distance. all the apartments let you have up to three pets so we can get a kitten."

"a kitten?"

"yes! they're so cute and fuzzy and awh and yes.
"for the furniture it can be all neutral colors with pops of colors and hopefully there's a window seat. we can get a table and i can try to cook so we can actually have an actual dinner. i'll probably screw up a lot so we'll have to get take out and just cuddle while we watch movies."

"you have this all planned out, huh?" i smiled at her. she was so cute when she rambled on like this.

"it's what i do when i can't sleep at."

"tell me more."

"okay so benefits: we can walk around half naked and we can eat whatever we want. we don't have to worry about your grandparents so sex. like a lot of sex. we can also cuddle wherever we want and watch whatever we want and you know, sex."