may 12, 2015

luke didn't come to school today. if i had a choice i wouldn't have come either. i then realized i could leave.

i walked into the school, waited for my mom to drive away, and then i walked out and went to the clearing.

i spent the whole day listening to music, eating, and crying.

«»

luke's pov:

i didn't come to school today. my grandparents didn't want me to go because every five minutes i would freeze up or start crying.

i hated this.

i spent the whole day in my bed listening to music, crying, and thinking of her.

«»

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀may 13, 2015

alexa's pov:

my mom was drunk by 7 a.m. she hit me until bruises and cuts were on my face. she realized she couldn't send me to school or people would question me.

so i again stayed home and cried. i didn't eat today because every time i got near food i felt like throwing up.

i eventually forced myself to eat because i wasn't sure when my mother would just stop feeding me.

i missed him.

«»

luke's pov:

i was forced to go to school today. she wasn't there. i wished she was. i just wanted to see her face. even though she was broken and bruised she was still beautiful. so, so beautiful.

i missed her.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀may 14, 2015

alexa's pov:

i skipped school, again. i was going back tomorrow so no one would get too suspicious. plus, my face was healing so my mother thought i could get away with saying a cat attacked me.

i'd have 1 million cats attack me if it meant i could have luke back.

«»

luke's pov:

she still wasn't at school and i was getting worried. i wanted her to be okay. i would die if she wasn't.

now that she was gone i kept turning to talk to her and then i'd turn to talk to calum about it.

i was insane.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀may 15, 2015

alexa's pov:

it was friday and i was back at school.

i had already told three people and one teacher that a cat attacked me.

i hadn't told luke. i hadn't even seen him. wait, no. i had seen him run past me but i was pretending it wasn't luke because every time i thought of him i started crying.

"where's luke?" derek asked. i was sitting in the library for lunch.

"he's...we, um, we broke up," i whispered.

"why? you guys were so perfect!"

i shrugged, "things got complicated."

"is that why you guys haven't been in school lately?"

"basically. well i don't know about him but i don't think his grandparents would send him to school right away."

"hey, not to be rude, but what happened to your face?"