Experimentation

Myke Anderson

I think that anytime we masturbate, we’re experimenting. We’re finding out what things turn us on. Even if you think you know what gets you off already, there is probably still more you could learn, right? Variety is the spice of life and all the nerves in your body can make for some pretty spicy sensations.

Think about your chest. Guys have nipples too, right? Just like with girls, the nerves in your nipples are very sensitive. Try playing with them and you may be surprised how good it feels.

Or maybe you hate it. Either way, once you figure it out for yourself, you’ll be able to tell your partner exactly what you do and don’t like.

What about your butt? A lot of guys are totally afraid of their own ass. Sure, it’s your body’s waste dump, but so’s your penis and that hasn’t stopped you from touching it. Your anus is another place where the nerves are ultra-sensitive. You might try rubbing it to see how it feels. Just wash up before you eat anything!

If you just want to stick with your dick, you can still go for variety. Try different kinds of lube while masturbating—like hand cream, baby oil, or even your own spit (these work as lubrication when you’re solo, but are damaging to a condom when you’re with a partner. Pages 105–106 have more info about lube). Try different materials: some guys like wearing a glove, other guys use pillows, and still other guys prefer using a plastic bag full of lube. It’s your choice. You can also try different positions: standing up, lying down, sitting in a chair, crouching, whatever. Try different locations: in the shower, in the bathtub (underwater!), or even outside (in private, duh). 

Most people never get all the pleasure they can get out of sex because they never experiment. You don’t need to get totally freaky, but try out some new tricks. If you don’t like it, go back to what you like doing. And remember: if you can tell your partner your likes and dislikes, you’ll make the most out those times when you’re not flying solo.