ManUp! Erections

ManUp! Erections.

by The Group

Okay, so we all know what it's like to pitch a trouser tent. But what's up, exactly, down there? Here is some technical info to help you understand what's going on inside your little friend.

What puts the hard in hard­on? Blood. There are two main cylinders of sponge­like tissue inside the shaft of your penis. When extra blood flows into the empty space around the tissue, your penis swells-kind of like a garden hose when the tap is on but the nozzle is closed.

So what brings on the blood? A couple of things can cause your little guy to sit up and take notice:

• your brain: When you have a sexual thought, your brain sends a message down through your nervous system and your dick gets ready for action-whether you want it to or not.

• contact: The feeling of something physically touching your penis, like your clothes, your hand, or any other stim­ulating sensation can also signal your penis to stiffen up.

• your body: Sometimes your body sends a "get an erection" message to your penis by reflex. You know those erections you wake up with in the morning? They're usually caused by having a full bladder. But next time you complain about morning wood, think about this: during an erection, your body closes a valve between your penis and your bladder so you can't pee-so it's actually helping you wait until you can get to the john! How often does your dick keep you out of trouble?