CHAPTER 60: Sabrina

"What happened to my granddaughter? I thought you're going to have your vacation there for two months? It's only been two and a half weeks, Amhara. Is there a problem?"

"Nothing, Lola. I just want to get back there. I missed my career." Pagsisinungaling ko. 

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." I took a deep breath.

"Fine. I'm going to call your bodyguards to pick you up right away. Use our private plane so you'll have your peace of mind."

I hang up the call and lay down on my bed. It's been what? Three days since my last interaction with Kaori. I don't think gugustuhin ko pang masundan yun. 

The news about her is trending, and most of their fans want to know who her secret girlfriend is. Nahulaan ng iba kung sino ang nasa picture kahit na malabo ito. There's a lot of evidence scattered across the internet.

Kaya gustong-gusto ko na talagang bumalik sa Paris. I just want my peace of mind back. What she's making me feel is too much for me to handle. There's a lot of nights that I cannot sleep because I keep thinking about her that stupid news. 

I get it now. She's no longer the Kaori I met seven years ago. They're a completely different person anymore. I shouldn't have tried anymore. Mali kong umasa pa ako. 

"Okay ka lang?"

"Mukha ba?" Sinungitan ko si Damian na nasa loob ng condo ko ngayon. Sana talaga tumanggi nalang ako at nilutuan nalang siya ng kare-kare niya.

"So you're really going to go back to Paris?" 

I nod my head. "There's no reason for me to stay anymore."

"I heard about the news, and I saw the pictures." 

"I know. It's all over the internet." I breathed out. "It's Catrina. The girl she is hugging in the picture. It was Catrina." 

"Yung kasama niya sa restaurant?"

"Oo." I nod my head as I stare at the wedding gown I am sketching for Alison's wedding next month. Ibibigay ko na 'to sa kaniya mamaya, dahil aalis na ako bukas.

I hate to admit this, but I feel sick here in the Philippines. I don't think I can wait for another month to attend my brother's wedding. Babalik nalang ulit ako kapag ikakasal na silang dalawa. 

Napabuntong hininga ako pagtapos makita na tinatawagan parin ako ni Lynpen hanggang ngayon. She's asking me to join them later at the bar. Tutugtugin daw kasi nila Van yung bago nilang kanta. 

"Why are you not answering it?" Napansin ito ni Damian. "They're inviting you to hang out?"

"Yeah.. tutugtog sila Van. I don't want to come. I'm just going to see her there." I mentally rolled my eyes.

"But your friends are there. You're leaving tomorrow too. It'll be a few months before you all meet again, and it's at your brother's wedding. Kahit na sabihin mong sa susunod na buwan pa yun, matagal parin yun." 

Napa-isip ako sa sinabi niya.

He's right. Wala akong sinabihan kahit isa sa mga kaibigan ko tungkol sa plano kong pagbalik sa Paris bukas. It will be one of my selfish decision again dahil ang alam nilang lahat, two months akong mag s-stay dito sa pinas. 

"Fine," I stood up to start getting ready. I picked up the wedding gown I sketched and handed it to Damian. "Can you give it to your sister?"

"Sure. We're going to have a family dinner later." Kinuha niya ito at sinuri. His jaw dropped after seeing the design. "You made this?"