Roommate • Ana De Armas

inspired by the movie, " The Roommate "

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

after being accepted to Harvard, you went out-of-state to join the elite university. while moving in to your new dorm, you got to meet your roommate, Melinda Van Allen. she was charming to acquaint with, and made your welcoming less high-strung.

a year later, things were going fine with your classes and part-time job you had acquired at a nearby coffee shop. everything in that area of your life was sublimed. except with your roommate, Melinda. recently she had been acting strange, eerie.

the twelve months you've shared a room with her, you have trust and  bonded with her. she had been not only your roommate, but your best friend to some extent.

however, when you caught her one day going over your stuff and even reading your most vulnerable possession you had; your diary, you got upset and confronted her about it.

after that day, Melinda's persona changed for completely. you couldn't recognize her anymore. she started to become obsessed with you. if you were at work, she was near the coffee shop-watching you. if you were at the mall, she somehow would appear out of nowhere and join you. the most odd thing was that she started to hate your boyfriend. you met him a couple of months prior to the incident of her snooping through your stuff, and Melinda detested him.

" He's a fuckboy, Y/n! Everyone on campus knows that!," she yelled at you, while you were getting ready to go out with him for dinner.

" Melinda, stop. You and everyone else don't know anything about him. so stop! stop getting in my business!"

" He doesn't deserve you, Y/n! You're way too good for him!," she reclaimed once again, but you were already grabbing your purse and fuming out of your dorm. " Don't be a bitch, Y/n! Open your fucking eyes!"

at the restaurant....

" Uh, isn't that your roommate?," Your boyfriend asked, glancing towards the entrance of the restaurant.

you turned around to look, and you saw Melinda and some other girl waiting for a table. " i cannot believe it..."

" You told her you were going to be here?," he asked confusedly.

" No! Why would I? She-," Your sentence was cut off when Melinda brushed pass your table with a wide smile on her face.

" Hi, Y/n," she simply greeted, taking a seat at the table beside yours.

" Is this table okay?," The waitress asked them.

" Oh yes, it's perfect," Melinda nodded, giving you a sly grin. " Thank you."

two weeks later, you couldn't handle being with her anymore. after talking to the hall director, you requested to be moved to another dorm.

" What are you doing? " Melinda asked, as she chewed a gum.

" I'm leaving," you replied, going over the counters of the kitchen and gathering your bottles of prescriptions pills

" Visiting your family? "

" No, Melinda. I'm dislodging this dorm. I can't be your roommate anymore. I'm over it," You stated, and her gnawing stopped.

" What? Why?!," Melinda yelled, going over to you.
" Y/n, you can't go! stop being a bitch," She shook her head, trying to stop you from withdrawing your medications from the counter, but you pushed her away.

" Get away from me!," You shouted back.

She took a step back, and within seconds, her whole demeanor changed. Melinda began to cry. " I thought we were friends..."

" I thought so too," You replied back, finishing gathering your medications and going over to your room to pack them up in the suitcase you had ready.

she followed you along. " So why are you leaving me?," Melinda sobbed.

" Every since i met Dylan you've been acting strange, Melinda," You began, glaring at her. " Then when i started dating him, it became even worse! stalking me in my job? following me around? going through my stuff? harassing him?! calling me a bitch?! You've been way too invested in my life, and i can't anymore. " You concluded, and she shook her head trying to grab your hand, but you scooted yourself back. " Stop."

She wiped her tears before mumbling, " You were better off alone, Y/n. just you and me."

" You're unbelievable, Melinda," You rolled your eyes, zipping your suitcase before dropping it down to the floor and getting the handle out. " But you ain't going to ruin my life ," You established, rolling your suitcase out of the dorm.

" Y/n! Please, don't leave me!," She begged, following you behind. " I-I love you! i'm in love with you!"

you stopped by the doorframe, your back facing hers. after you heard that confession, you refused to believe it. manipulation is a killer, and you weren't going to let her walk away with it. not after every vexed moment she had caused you.

after you left the building, and Melinda howled her lungs out at your departure, she promised herself one thing.

it wasn't over.

and you were going to be hers sooner or later.

one way or another.

˚· ͟͟͞͞➳❥