happiest memory • Max Mayfield

a/n: please do not read if you haven't watched volume 2 of strangers things season 4. ¡spoilers ahead!

prompt: you're steve harrington's little sister

prompt: you're steve harrington's little sister. after meeting the gang at school, you became friends with all of them. especially with max mayfield. the love for skateboards brought you two closer...a lot more closer than what you could've imagined.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

• lowercase intended •

what if Maxine's happiest memory was not with Lucas, but with you?

" run to the light. and maybe he won't be able to find me there," Max told Lucas.

" and how exactly are you planning on doing this?," Lucas asked.

" Not sure. but it's my mind, not his...right? so i should be able to control where i am. i just need to push him away. find a happy memory and-hide there. hide in the light.

" You got a memory in mind?"

she nods. " yeah.  it was a time when i was the happiest. "

" was i there?," Lucas smiled gently.

" that's presumptuous of you," she giggled. " but yeah, you might've been there."

when vecna got ahold of her in the upside down, she thought of her happiest memory. one that she will never forget.

two months ago.

It was Mike's birthday, and everyone was at the Wheeler's household celebrating his another year of existence.

when everyone had sang his birthday and ate a slice of cake, the group was in the living room ready to play seven minutes in heaven.

with everyone's name folded in individual piece of papers, the bowl was shaken to reveal everyone's partner for the game.

Dustin being the presenter, took his first paper and shouted, " Mike! and," he took another one. " -and Will!," he revealed the first partners.

" Okay, cool," Mike nodded, being okay with the selection. even though he would've preferred to have Eleven, he still was okay with Will Byers.