Chapter 37

Yoohyeon's POV

A year later

It was summer, finally. I was walking down the streets. I was wearing my black suit, pants and hat. I had my silver-mostly brown now hair, in a low ponytail. I was holding my black bag on my right hand. I looked at my watch on my left hand. It was 1 PM. I was just returning from work. And I was really tired. I looked at the sky while walking. Where are you?

I sighed and shook my head pushing my thoughts away again. And now, I can hear you asking what happened all this year. Well,...many things.

First of all, now that it was summer I was back to work again. And I was planning to work officially there when I was going to finish my third year at college. Taeyeon made me officially the boss on my part of work, which was the technology part-team. And she made me the official vice president of the agency. I was already that. But she made it official. So I was now the vice president with Sunmi. I liked how my life was stable now.

Also, I finished the second year of college with a really good mark and I was now helping out Gahyeon and Yeri for their exams for the college. They wanted to be ready for the next school year and they also wanted to have a great mark at the exams. I offered to help them along with Dami.

Handong was now back to China. She wanted to visit her parents and stay there for a while. She was going to be back the following week. It was already the end of that month, June, and it felt like years to Dami. She really missed Handong. Their relationship was stronger now after a whole year. Dami even moved to her house unofficially.

Bora and Siyeon were the same. They were still living together, they were still so happy together. And Siyeon's dad was more than glad that they were living with him. As for Siyeon's mother... She went to Japan with a lover she had met a few months ago. She knew that her daughters didn't love her or needed her the same as they used to. So she decided to live her life again. And Siyeon was relieved that she left actually. She preferred her dad rather than her mom after she learned the truth.

Gahyeon and Yeri's relationship was still going slow. But they were in love. And that was enough for them. Gahyeon was staying with her dad and the Suayeon couple but she was always complaining about them. She wanted to move to Yeri and her mother's house. But it was still soon for that step. They liked going slow anyway.

Seri was still living with Minji's mom and her brother. She was doing fine. She was a strong girl and we were really close. I wasn't expecting us to be this close actually. She was a good and kind girl actually. She had so much energy almost like Bora's. She was over her crush for Minji now so we were even more closer now. We were such a good friends and we were having really much of a fun. Minji's brother was funny and nice too. I got to know him quickly. And he liked me immediately. Minji's mother was strong too. The strongest woman I know if you ask me. She was working so hard at the hospital and she was managing her house so well too. Seri was helping her a lot too. I was so close with them lately. I was sleeping there sometimes. Minji's mother had requested me many times to move in with them. But I always declined. It felt empty to live there without her.

Minji's father was now out from prison too. But with restrictive measures. He never came to talk to his family. They didn't want him anymore anyway. He was still working on his company as I had heard. But that was it.

And lastly, cause I know you are all craving to know about this,...Ah! Minji! Yes, her. You all wanna know what happened with her right? Well...she was really shocked after what she heard from AleXa that night...

"Your father,...he had called Yoohyeon to his office and told her to break up with you. She didn't want to. And you know why? Cause she loves you. She really does. So much. But he tried to kill her. So she lied to you and broke up with you. To keep both of you safe..." Yeah, exactly after that phrase. She was shocked and mad. Mostly at her father. But she was mad at us too. For not telling her. I tried to explain to her that it was hard for me. He would kill me if I told her. And after we got rid of him,... I didn't want her to be so broken by knowing the truth. She told me that telling the truth might hurts. Sometimes it hurts a lot. But it's the best than living in a lie. She said she will need time to think. Fortunately I was going to leave her house the next morning anyway to leave her alone to think.