Chapter 23 (TW)

Attention-Warning: This chapter, and the next one too, have that TW symbol, which means trigger warning. It warns the readers that the following chapter may have scenes that includes mental disorders such as eating disorders, /injury, and bipolar. Of course we won't see something like that here. Mostly depression, and a bit of violence.

Yoohyeon's POV

"It's fine Yoohyeon. You did great." Minji said and took my hands in hers. I wasn't looking at her all that time. I was too afraid. Too weak. I couldn't stop breathing rapidly. She hugged me tightly and that's when I started breathing even more rapidly. That's when I released all my emotions. All my fears. I ended up crying in her arms. I was holding her too tightly afraid of everything and crying so hard in her arms. Blurred images flushed in my head.

"No... Please..." I whispered and cried harder in her arms. She caressed my hair and that's when I jumped up in fear falling down from the couch. I was looking at her, scared. I could still see his face. No!

I put my hands on my face to stop watching his sick, smiling face. I was crying on my own. Then, I felt soft arms wrapping around me. And I cried again in Minji's arms.

"Yoohyeon. I want you to listen to me. Take deep breaths. Breathe in, breathe out. Do it for me baby." She said softly. And I did as I was told too.

Breathe in. He is in jail now.

Breathe out. He can't hurt me anymore.

Breathe in. He is in jail now.

Breathe out. He can't hurt me anymore.

"Are you fine now?" She asked me softly. I nodded slowly. She wiped my tears away and smiled softly.

"Minji unnie... I-i... Thank you" I said breathlessly and hugged her again.

"It's nothing baby." She used that pet name again. I knew I heard her right from the very first time she called me 'baby'. I just couldn't believe it.

"Let's go upstairs. It's late." She said. I looked around me and there was no one.

"Where are the others?"

"They left before the show ended. They were too needy for each other." She said laughing a bit.

"Even Yeri and Gahyeon?"

"No. Gahyeon panicked and left running. She was the first one who left actually. Yeri thought she fucked up. But she didn't. Gahyeon has just panicked too much. Like you. But... You panicked worse than her. You were yelling, 'he is in jail' while you had that anxiety attack. Who is he? What did he do to you?" We were upstairs now. I held her hand tightly. It was time to tell her.

"My step father. I was referring to him. He... He used to hit me. And... Rape me." I whispered the last part. She didn't say anything. She just hugged me tightly once again.

"I'm a loser. Right? I'm sure you wanted to do all these things the others are doing now, am I right? But no! Instead, you are here babysitting me." I said sarcastically.

"No! What are you even thinking? I'm not babysitting you. And I didn't want to do anything like that with you. We agreed that I'll give you time. And that's what I'm going to do. I'm here now as a friend. Your best friend. And I'm here for you cause you need me now. You just had a panic attack! What are you even saying?" She sounded serious and also mad.

"I'm sorry..."

"Don't be. It's ok. You did nothing wrong anyway. Now, should we lay down?" She asked me.