Chapter 36

Minji's POV

"We also...need to talk. About everything..." I said scratching the back of my neck nervously.

"I... I wanted to say sorry. I was too harsh to you. I know how you feel... I know how heartbreak is. I know... And I'm sorry I can't love you. I truly am. I want us to be friends though, Seri. Like how we used to be. And I also wanna help you... get over it. We can help each other get over it. Not by being together in a relationship. This won't help. Just... you know." I said. Seri hugged me.

"You don't have to be sorry JiU. I'm the one that should be. You were always there for me. You were always so good with me. Yet... I was always so selfish. I'm sorry unnie." She said trying to hold in her tears.

"It's ok Seri. I forgive you. Let's just... take it back from where it was, should we?" She nodded.

"But please, don't call me JiU anymore. I know I was too strict for that before. But there is no point to call me that. We are close. We are friends. We know each other since childhood. It was my way to keep you away cause I didn't love you. I'm sorry. It was silly. Call me Minji again." I said and she nodded. We helped each other pack our stuff and then we were about to go downstairs to eat dinner when...

"JiU? I mean Minji. Can I...have a last kiss with you?" Seri asked me afraid. I was frozen. I didn't want to hurt her. But at the same time she was going to be hurt anyway. Whatever my decision was. I slowly nodded. Maybe only if she saw by herself this time with a clear mind that I wasn't responding back, that I wasn't feeling the same, maybe... she was going to let me go and move on. It was going to hurt her more. But it might also help her heal her scars faster. And so she did. She kissed me. It was a slow kiss. When she broke the kiss, she looked away with teary eyes. I knew she realized it herself now that I didn't love her that way.

"Don't cry please. You'll find someone that will love you as much as you love me now and even more. And you are going to love them even more too." I told her smiling. I took her hand and we went downstarts.

As we were eating I remembered something so I cleared my throat to get everyone's attention. And I did.

"I...I wanted to say that... As all of you know, Yoohyeon is still healing. And... I want to take care of her. But I don't want to leave our new house and all of you. We are trying to start again our lives. And we will do it together. So..I don't want to leave you guys. But I also don't want to leave Yoohyeon too. So...I wanted to ask you if she can live with us for a while? And I'm asking mostly for you Seri and you mom. And you Minho." I said and laughed at him a bit.

"So practically everyone." I said again laughing a bit.

"Yes. She can live with us. I want to help her heal quickly too." My mom said. I knew she wouldn't mind. Minho nodded his head. Of course he wouldn't mind. I was anxious for Seri though.

"Seri?"

"Yeah... she can. It won't be easy for me. But I have you, your mom and your brother, right? I'm not alone to this." She said. She was trying so hard. I hugged her and nodded.

"No, you aren't alone."

"Yes witch noona!" My brother said and we laughed. I was more than relieved that they agreed with my plan.

And just like that, the next morning, I was at Yoohyeon's apartment, helping her to move in with us. My mom was downstairs packing her things and Seri was trying to help us too.

"Minji... I don't think this is a good idea." Yoohyeon said looking away. I knew she was feeling like a burden by the way she was standing and the way she avoided my gaze.