Chapter 30

Yoohyeon's POV

"Then,... I want you to tell it to me straight to my face. Looking at me in my eyes. " Fuck! I knew this was going to come. How was I going to tell her that now?

I raised my head up, took a deep breath and turned to look at her. So, I was too weak for her after all huh? Yeah, I was. I couldn't even die for her. I was too selfish. Too hellpless.

"I'm sorry Minji. I can't love you like how you love me. I'm tired of trying. Let's just... break up." I said. I felt like crying at any moment. But I tried to be strong. Her eyes got teary. She fell on her knees and started crying.

"Why? Just... why?" She asked me helplessly. I stood up and left to go to the kitchen. I couldn't see her cry. It would make me cry too at any moment. She grabbed my leg trying to not let me go. I pulled away nonetheless and went quickly to the kitchen. Dami was there and she immediately came to hug me. I felt numb. I couldn't even cry. Not when Minji was a few feet away crying her heart out because of me. I was a liar. I was awful. How could I do this to her?

After an hour or so Minji finally dragged herself out of my apartment. And that was when I finally broke down into tears. But I wasn't crying that much. I didn't deserve crying anyway. Not when I broke Minji's heart like that.

I suddenly felt a really awful pain in my stomach. Dami checked on my wound on the shot and it was opened. Again. I knew this would happen. After being heated like that from those men it was normal for my wound to re-open.

"We should go to the hospital Yoo. Now!" She said sternly.

"No. Please. I don't want to leave home right now. Not in this state. Just call Chungha unnie to come over here." I said. And after a while Chungha had taken care of my wound.

___

After two weeks my wounds had finally faded away. All that time I had just locked myself in my apartment and did nothing. I didn't want to see, meet or talk to anyone. I was feeling so numb, empty and helpless. The only thing I did was lying down on my couch looking at the ceiling lost in my thoughts.

I looked at my wounds. They had disappeared. So it was time for action. It was the only thing that could keep my mind distracted. The agency. I called Taeyeon and told her that I needed to work at the agency for the rest of the summer. She agreed and let me work. I immediately got dressed and went to the agency. And I didn't left that place for the rest of the summer. I was answering my friends' calls cause I didn't want them to get worried about me. And I told them I was at the agency. I also told them that I was going to solve that old case that my father got killed by it. They were worried about it but I told them that it was something I had to do. For my dad to finally rest in peace.

And for all that summer I was working to it. For two months. It was hard though. But at least I found who killed him. Of course he was paid to do it. He wasn't the criminal mastermind that arranged this whole plan. But the murderer was now living in New York. Taeyeon told me that she would send a team to cross-examine him. She didn't let me go along with the team cause I was starting college soon. My second year.

___

It was afternoon. The last summer afternoon. Cause school started tomorrow. I had finished work a week ago. And that afternoon me and the girls where at our favourite meeting place. The park near the sea. We had lied down under the big tree, on the grass and we were looking at the sunset.

"It's so beautiful." Handong said.

"And peaceful." Dami agreed. 

"Yeah, till Bora will start being loud again." Handong teased Bora.