Chapter 19

Yoohyeon's POV

"Traitor!" Bora shouted and came beside Handong and Dami to help them over. Gahyeon and Yeri were hiding behind them. And with all this mess I didn't pay attention to Minji. And that's when she made her move. She dragged me by my shoulders down in the water with her. All I saw was her blurred face under the water. She was so close and she looked so ethereal. Her blond hair everywhere in the water. This felt so surreal. I leaned in and kissed her on the lips and then everything lost into darkness...

When I opened my eyes everything was still blurred. I was lying on a sunbed. I tried to focus on something in front of me. It was a blonde girl. I tried to focus on her and slowly things started to clear. She was Minji. And she looked like an angel. Her blonde wet hair falling on her shoulders, her blue eyes looking straight into mine. Her features, so clear and beautiful. Her face so clear, gorgeous and flawless. I smiled at her. And that was when I heard,

"Is she alright? Oh thank God I thought she died!" Bora said.

"I thought I killed her too." Minji said feeling guilty. I tried to stand up but they didn't let me.

"Ow! Rest puppy. You just woke up. You got drowned." Minji said. So it really happened? I observed her and I could see her having a light blush on her face. So she knew what I had on my mind. So it happened... Shit! Damn it! I really did that!? I looked around me and there were the rest of the girls too. They were all looking at me. And that made me feel uncomfortable. Well, this actually felt familiar. Like the first time Minji took care of my scars back on that rainy Monday. The only difference was that I wasn't feeling that uncomfortable now. They were all my friends. But still... Everyone looking at you it seemed... Not pleasant.

"I'm fine." I said and stood up. Then, I felt dizzy and sat down again.

"See? I told you." Minji mocked me and then laughed a little. I managed to smile.

"I still want to talk to you about that thing later though. In private." Minji whispered to me. I got goosebumps. What was I going to say?

The girls slowly slowly went back in the swimming pool and started playing again. Minji sat beside me at another sunbed. Dami went to sit beside me and that's when I held her hand tightly.

"You need to save me! I did something really dumb!" I whispered - shouted at her.

"What did you do this time?" She said a bit seriously but she was also trying to hold her laugher at the same time.

"It's serious Dami!"

"Ok ok. What did you do?"

"I kissed Minji! When she dragged me in the water. That's when it happened. Don't ask me why I did it! I just felt like it. I thought I was already drowned and that it was in my dream so I kissed her, ok? And now she wants us to talk about IT! I'm dead, Dami-ah!" I tried as hard as I could to tell her all that while whispering. Her eyes went wide but then she said,

"And why don't you finally confess to her?"

"She doesn't love me! What didn't you get of what I told you yesterday? She doesn't love me. And she wants us to talk about it and she might don't want to see me ever again cause I ruined our friendship!" I tried again to whisper to Dami.

"And how can you be so sure that she wasn't referring to you?"

"She wasn't! And even if she did,... I don't think I'm ready Dami. I... I needed friends in my life. And not lovers. I... I don't think I..." And that was when Minji stood up and left from her seat. Where was she going? I hope she hadn't heard us! Shit! Please don't! Me and Dami looked at each other. But she said that Minji hadn't heard us cause she just went to talk to Bora. So...