Chapter 13~ Personal

Semi-edited

Yall what's good fam

Okay, so like ill update again tmr if yall can get mad comments and made votes on this chapter. So make sure to comment as you're reading and have a good read shordy.

 So make sure to comment as you're reading and have a good read shordy

Velencia Kade

"Marriage is supposed to be a bond that ties loving people together for the rest of their lives, to cherish the love they have found within each other." Amara paces back and forth as I lay on my bed rolling my eyes.

Love isn't real, it's a myth and I've seen it a million times around me. Dad and Esther, Amara and her ex, Ajax and his ex-wife, even Harry's wife had left him. Love is a drug everyone wishes to hold onto forever, an addiction that consumes you before you can even realise what is happening. Only the rare person here and there can grab onto this addiction and make it their reality, loving isn't for everyone, certainly not for me.

"You need to kill him, V. How could you ever agree to this?" She exclaims, throwing her hands in the air and I simply shrug. I haven't told them the full truth, the truth about what Alessio showed me on his phone that day. I need them to feel safe here and after we're married they will be.

Her face drops and my eyes fall to the clock as I sigh, it's almost three in the evening, Alessio said he'd be coming over around four to 'discuss the terms of the contract' whatever that means and I am dreading being able to sit so close to him and not be able to hurt him, not being able to fucking kill him.

"Esther threatened you guys," I give her a simple concluded answer which is half true, when I sat down in that chair she gave me a warning look and I immediately knew that if I refused anything that was asked of me that my family would be harmed

I hear Amara talking, telling me about how I can't put my happiness and safety on line just for theirs but I don't listen. It all goes in through one ear and out the other 

I feel fucking numb, I don't know how to explain it. Like, I want to talk to my sister and explain everything and tell her every single detail but it's so tiring to simply be awake right now, I just want to sleep all my problems away.

I close my eyes and tilt my head upwards and take a deep breath, a small smile rising on my lips as I remember how dad would come sit with me every time I felt like this. How he would sit in my room with me for hours at night because this numbness took my sleep, the way my dad would do anything to see a smile on my lips. I remember this one time he spent hours over hours making me cheesecake because he knows it's my favourite thing in this dumbass world, all because I was drained from Esther's tantrums.

The way he trained Amara and I every day at 5pm sharp in the gym we had in our house, teaching us how to keep us safe if he ever wasn't there to do it himself. How he told Ajax that my sister and I were their responsibility.