Chapter 23 : Shield's Fury

I know it has been forever and I went over the deadline I told you guys, but I wrote another chapter! 

Tony's POV

"Sorry to interrupt, boss, but I suggest that you investigate Clint." Friday's voice came hesitantly from the speakers. I sighed, it had been 30 minutes since Clint had barged in here and despite my earlier thoughts through a haze of rage, it was clear that Clint knew something. He had also mentioned Natasha knowing about it, meaning that shield was involved.

Luckily for me, if Shield was involved then there would be online records. Ones that I could break into.

"You might be right," I said, waving my hands to switch holograms from the one I had been studying the formula on to a blank screen. "Be a dear and pull up S.H.I.E.L.D. files."

I reached for a mug on my desk and took a sip, the taste of room temperature coffee flooding my taste buds.

"And have DUM-E get me a hot coffee."

I stared through the files under Howard's name. They were sorted by date, the first one created on December 16, 1991, the day after my parents had died. I quickly scrolled past the file.

Now is not the time to go down memory lane.

The second one was created ten years previously on a date I didn't recognize. I clicked on the file and a security box popped up asking for a code. I bypassed the extra security and easily finally opened the document and started to read.

Investigation of Howard Stark

On May 8th, 1981, Howard Stark was accused of trying to replicate the super soldier serum without authorization. A substance similar to human blood was used in the making of the serum, see lab results at the bottom. An anonymous tip from a supposed family member of one of the victims came on April 22, 1981.

Howard Stark is also thought to be in possession of Steven Grant Rogers' blood, a substance that is supposed to be destroyed. A legal warrant is being obtained. A search of Howard Stark's San Francisco home is scheduled on May 11th.

At the bottom of the page were two links. I clicked on the first one labeled, lab results from Howard Stark's lab. The tab loaded for a second while I tapped my fingers restlessly against the table. A white screen appeared, the title of the page at the top but below was nothing.

I scrolled to the bottom of the page but not a single word was typed onto the screen. A growl came unbidden from my mouth. Couldn't just one thing be easy.

"Friday, see if anyone has accessed this page and deleted anything." I said as I searched through the code.

"It seems that on June 5th, 1981, all information about this page has been deleted. I have not been able to access a previous version of it. The page is a blank slate, boss." Friday spoke up as I reached the same conclusion.

"Keep trying to crack it." I replied, exiting out of the page to click on the second link that had been at the bottom of the first article. This one brought me to another article like the first, this one titled: the capture and arrest of Howard Stark.

My gray scroll bar was a tiny square in the corner of my screen and words were typed for pages. On the top of these pages read,

On May 11th, 1981, a team of shield agents were sent to the San Francisco Homs if Howard Stark. Details of this investigation have been kept private until now because of Howard Stark's previous association with shield.