Chapter 11

{Authors note: this is the new and improved edited version. If you were reading the old version, it's in my works}

-Carter-

When I woke up on my couch, I was confused.

Why am I on my couch?

I stretched, and my legs were unable to stretch any further due to the other person on the other side of my couch.

Wonderful, I gave her my sob story and cried twelve rivers doing it. Just wonderful.

What happened to never telling anyone about my shitty past? That sure went down the drain. I felt so embarrassed, and I don't want to face Kristen yet.

Sighing heavily, I rolled out of my comfy position to pee, and when I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I sighed again. My eyes were bloodshot from crying so much, and my hair looked like a fucking messy mop on the top of my head. I was truly a hot mess. I need a shower.

After doing my business in the bathroom, I walked back into the living room and found Kristen lazily laying on the couch watching TV. I smiled sheepishly at her, and she smiled back, patting the empty spot next to her on the couch.

"I think I'm going to take a shower, I feel kinda gross. Obviously you can stay here and help yourself to anything, I just wanted to let you-"

"Yeah I'm going to head over to my house to shower too. But I'll come back after?"

"Nah, I'll just come over to yours once I'm done, you have better snacks anyway."

"Wow, I'm so glad that's the only reason," She laughed, rolling her eyes and getting up from the couch. "I'll see you in a few."

That went surprisingly better than I thought it would. Honestly, I thought I would say something and she would retaliate back and we would get into an argument like always. But we were finally civil with each other.

The shower felt amazing and it definitely was much needed, and the water might have been a bit too hot, but I was trying to burn away all the weird feelings and emotions I've been feeling for the past couple weeks, but I still felt them. This sucks.

The clock on the wall read 7:38, and Kristen and I haven't eaten anything, so to break the ice and actually be nice for once, I was going to cook some sort of dinner at her house for us.

I changed and headed over to her house, deciding to just walk in because she was probably in the shower. I started sifting through the fridge to find something to make. I heard her coming down the stairs, and I was pretty positive that I was going to scare her half to death, but I didn't say anything. This will be amusing.

"God dammit, Carter!" Kristen exclaimed, obvious annoyance in her voice. "Could you have at least warned me you were in here? Thankfully I put pants on! I could've been in just a towel and then I would've been even more pissed."

So, Kristen was in a sports bra and a pair of pajama shorts. It was actually a little difficult to tear my eyes away, but I did, somehow. Yeah, I don't know what I would do if she was in a towel.

"So sorry," I replied, smirking and pulling out a frozen pizza from the freezer. "Pizza for dinner, is that alright with you?"

"Yeah, that's-"

"Great, because I would've made it anyway." Kristen scoffed and rolled her eyes, grabbing the bag of chips and sitting at the counter.

Kristen, you really need to put a shirt on because I can't focus on putting this pizza in the damn oven.

-Kristen-

I picked the black olives off my pizza, scowling at Carter. He should know that I do not like black olives, at all. So I picked one up and tossed it at him.