11 ↬ 𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

[a/n]

[a/n]

i suckass at writing action asdgfjl; AND MY VOLLEYBALL KNOWLEDGE ONLY CAME FROM HAIKYUU; so this chapt gon make u 𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊; thou have been warned.

˗'ˏ chapter 11 ˎˊ˗

════════════════

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐘 𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐑𝐀 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐔𝐄.

And this is definitely one of those times. It was only mid-game and though they weren't really sweating much, I could still taste it. I pulled my mask up, hoping it would conceal the salty taste.

The match started normally enough. They were stunned though, with my strength and reflexes. And my jumping height. Especially my jumping height. 

The first time I spiked the ball over the net, the team went crazy because of how high I jumped. I glanced at Ukai back then and when I saw his face change from amazement to a smiling face of pride for me, I decided to forgive him about the 'you're kinda short' incident.

The current score was 14 - 15 with them in the lead. I had to give it to them, they were formidable. With Daichi's reliable receives, Tanaka's sheer strength, and Kageyama's terrifyingly accurate sets, they were a perfect combo. 

I glanced at my team. But we can definitely  outstand them. Sugawara's sets were easy to hit, and his calm demeanor helps the team focus and relax. He was dependable and that itself was a weapon.

Tsukishima, on the other hand, was a critical thinker. He's quiet on the field when he's not mocking the opposing side and his thinking makes him a dangerous opponent. And his blocks. Goddamn those blocks are something. 

Then there's me. Who knows no shit about volleyball. Though I lack in experience, my instincts that were honed with training as a slayer were making up for it. 

I focused on the ball. Kageyama set to Tanaka and Tsukishima moved to block it.

"One touch!"

Suga ran for the ball and set it to me only to find that I wasn't there. "Y/N!"

And oh shit I was at the back.

She won't make it..!

I ran. Yachi was already flipping the score when I suddenly appeared near the net, the ball still in the air. Then I jumped. 

Slam!

The whole gym was quiet. Then it erupted into shouts of disbelief.

"Y-You were at the back!"

"I barely saw her move. And her spike!"

"Oi! Were you holding back this whole time?"

Heh. Maybe I was.