Chapter 11 - Alexa

I was so ready to go home and see Katie again. I knew that she would help me with my struggles in college. She always knew how to make me feel better.

I checked the time every second, hoping that Spencer would be early. I wanted to see someone familiar so badly, especially with the state of my grades.

I started stressing because Spencer was supposed to pick me up at 10:00, and it was already 10:15. I knew that if Katie was next to me, she would tell me that he was probably just stuck in traffic or planning what he wanted to do when he saw me for the first time in months. I couldn't help but feel forgotten and unloved. If it was me picking up Spencer, I would be standing outside his door 15 minutes early trying to figure out how to greet him.

I got so nervous that I opened the door and peeked down the hall, where I saw Spencer walking towards my door, holding a giant bouquet of flowers! I closed the door as quickly and quietly as I could, feeling the butterflies swarming inside of me. Spencer was so sweet.

"Knock knock!" Spencer called from the other side of my door.

"Who's there?" I giggled back.

"Your ride back home. I'm gonna need $20 and a kiss for payment!" I could hear Spencer's smile which made me smile even bigger.

I opened the door as wide as it would go and hopped into his arms, forgetting that he was holding flowers. We both laughed so hard as I spit flower petals out of my mouth and onto his shoes.

"Okay, Alexa, where's my payment? $20," Spencer smirked.

"Hm, I think I'll just have to give you two kisses instead of that $20," I blushed.

I stood on my tip toes and played with his nose for a second before kissing him deeply. Spencer pulled his hands to my back and pulled me into him. I put my arms around his neck and we stood there kissing until we couldn't go anymore.

"I missed you so much, Spencer Walker," I smiled, putting my feet back on the ground, but still remaining close to his face.

"I missed you more than you could ever imagine, Alexa," Spencer grinned, his blue eyes shining. I had to look away because they were so beautiful.

"I'm sorry for being late. I really wanted to get you these flowers, and this morning was just... busy." Spencer looked at me, hoping for forgiveness.

"You're totally fine, I'm just glad that you're here now."

"Well, let's get you home. Your chariot awaits," Spencer grabbed my hand and my suitcase and pulled me into him to his car.