Chapter 18 | Cold Shower

Nicole

I woke up in a daze and in someone's arms. And despite still being groggy from sleep, I had an idea on who it was. The only thing I was really confused about was the side I woke up on. Pretty sure I fell asleep on the wall side of the bed, but now I was near the edge of the bed. Only reason I wasn't falling off was because of the arms tightly holding me against a warm chest.

I looked towards Blake's bed to see a leg hanging off the edge and a snoring Justus scratching his stomach in his sleep. Trying not to laugh, I tried to pry myself out of Blake's hold, only to have him hold me even tighter. He nuzzled his face in my neck and I froze when he inhaled and groaned in delight.

"Blake," I whispered, of course to no avail. "Blake!"

Jolting awake, he loosened his hold and backed away from me, mumbling a confused, "Huh?"

Happy that I was finally free, I hopped out of bed and left him alone to go to the bathroom. I did my usual morning routine before walking back out to see Blake carefully setting Justus on the ground.

With a raised brow, I watched him climb into his own bed, getting comfortable under his blanket. As if sensing me, he looked over his shoulder at me and grinned. That damned, beautiful grin.

"He'll be fine on the ground. He's had my bed long enough."

With a laugh, I shook my head and let him turn away from me so he can sleep. Meanwhile, I walked over to poor Justus and poked his arm.

"Hey, buddy."

"Mmm Patricia?"

I laughed again. Patricia had this man in a chokehold. "Sadly for you, no. Come on, get up. You can sleep on my bed, since Blake kicked you out of his."

As if realizing his uncomfortable position, he sat up and looked down at himself on the floor then turned his head up to see Blake already knocking out on his bed. "Son of a bitch." Standing, he ripped Blake's blanket off of him and smacked his ass.

I did my best to hold in my laugh. It was hard when Blake quickly turned around and smacked him in the head.

"Ow!"

"You had my bed all night, fuck off!"

"So you dropped me on the floor?!"

Blake snatched his blanket out of Justus's hands and rolled himself in it like a burrito to avoid him from taking it away again. "I didn't drop you, dumbass. You would've woken up." His tone was condescending. "I carried you like a baby. You weigh like one, too."

"Fuck off, no I don't."

"It was like I was carrying a toddler."

"Fuck you."

"Not gay."

"Not offering."

"Well, good." Blake lifted his blanket to tuck it under his chin, seeming satisfied with himself. "Wouldn't accept it anyway."

Justus took it upon himself to smack him in his groin and left Blake groaning in pain as he winked at me. "Good morning, Nicole. See you later." Then he was out of the room.