Epilogue

"She's here," Last said out of nowhere. I stopped on what I'm doing and stared at him with full of curiosity.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked him. I closed my mouth when I realized that there are only two of us here inside the office. He nodded and sat in front of my table. Kinuha niya ang ballpen na nasa tabi at pinaikot-ikot ito sa kaniyang daliri.

"She's here.. I mean she's coming," he said again. I felt something on my chest when an idea entered my mind. Ngunit isinawalang bahala ko 'yon at kinunot ang noo. I can't be hurt by another false hope.

"Sino?" tanong ko at muling ibinalik ang tingin sa binabasa kong papel. I heard him cleared his throat and uttered the name that can cause my mind to turn in chaos. Ang pangalan niya na naging madalang marinig sa loob ng isang taon.

"Agape," he uttered. Naibagsak ko ang hawak na highlighter at napasandal sa upuan. Kapagkuwan ay napailing at napangisi.

"What is this Guidote, another joke?" I asked him. Umiling siya at nagkibit-balikat. Saka tumayo at namulsa sa aking harapan.

"She's coming, Agape is coming. It's up to you if you'll believe me. But swear Dieu, any minute from now, tatapak na siyang muli dito sa academy." And with that, he left. Huminga ako nang malalim at nilibot ang tingin sa apat na sulok ng kwarto na kinalalagyan ko.

She left me that time— that time when I needed her the most. That time that I'm almost broken yet she had the heart to destroy me fully. And now that I have redeemed myself, I don't know how to react. Ngunit ang alam ko ay may galit sa 'kin. May galit sa puso ko sa ginawa niyang pag-iwan sa akin at pagsama sa lalake na 'yon.

All my life, everyone adores me. I always feel that I am more than enough. That I am so loved by everyone. But when she came on my life, made me feel different emotion and left me afterwards, I felt incomplete. Pakiramdam ko ay kulang ako. I'm not enough to make her stay. I'm not enough for her that she chose another man. I lost my self-esteem when she left. Nawalan ako ng tiwala sa sarili. But I don't care about that. It's not just my ego. It's about my heart that loved her fiercely but she chose to break at the end.

"Levin," I came back on the reality when I heard her voice. Napatitig ako sa kaniya at agad naman siyang lumapit sa tabi ko at umupo sa kandungan ko. Napakurap ako at marahan siyang pinaalis.

"Adela, get off." She pouted and followed what I said. Yumuko ako para tignan ang binabasa ko. Adela remained on my side. Itinukod niya ang kamay sa aking mesa at yumuko. Kumunot ang noo ko at tinignan siya.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her. She smiled on me and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"I want to see you. Namiss agad kita," she said sweetly. Bumaba ang tingin ko sa may dibdib niya at napailing. Hinawakan ko ang strap ng kaniyang dress at binalik sa kaniyang balikat.

"You should chose a nicer dress than that," I said. She's my cousin and of course I don't want her to be feasted by the eyes of assholes out there. She chuckled and touched my arm. I continue reading but I can't concentrate because my mind is being occupied by the thought that she is coming. Agape will be back.

"Aww, why Levin? Are you affected by me? Hindi ka ba makapagconcentrate kasi..."

What should I do when I see her? And why the hell I'm so bothered? The whole year, I tried to move on and I think I succeeded. I think? But there is really something bothering and bugging me! Hindi ako mapalagay.

"Levin!" Napakurap ako nang tumaas ang boses ni Adela. I arched my brow.

"What?" I asked her. Umayos siya ng tayo at inismiran ako. Noon ko lang napansin na hulog na naman ang dalawang strap ng kaniyang dress. She mumbled something at inayos iyon.