7

~ Tenrou Island arc ~

Later during the trial, they soon find out that it is not just they who are on Tenrou Island, but another third of the Balam Alliance: Grimoire Heart. Many tough battles have been fought. Rustyrose of the Seven kin of purgatory has just arrived in front of the injured, leaving Lisanna to defend them all alone. However, with Natsu's great sense of smell, he along with Lucy, Happy, Wendy and Carla all rushed to the battlefield. Unlucky for them, the tree of the island has been cut off, fell down and left the fairies without any added protection. Everyone fell victim to its effects and now find themselves very weak. Azuma, the one responsible of this chaos, leaves Erza with her magical power in order to fight her in her full capacity. Titania successfully claims victory in the battle. With his defeat, Azuma restores the stolen magic to the Fairy Tail Mages and starts to merge with a tree as a side effect of overusing his Magic. However, Rustyrose remains standing, itching to fight. Although right before Natsu could get all fired up, three silhouettes appeared in front of everyone.

"Bickslow!" Lisanna exclaimed in relief, his faint outline emerging into full view.

"Freed-san!" Wendy said as she recognized his familiar long green hair.

The third silhouette, on the other hand, was still masked from the dust. It took a while for Natsu to recognize that person's smell because of the sand covering their scent. But there was no doubt about it.

It was her. 

"A-Are you really...?" Natsu's voice trailed off to a whisper. He rubbed his eyes in disbelief, his lips parted in shock as he awaited her to come closer.

~ 2 hours earlier ~

She had just finished her last minute quest without any casualties. Max, a fisherman from the village, was bringing her back to Magnolia by boat as a thank you offering. She didn't really deny the offer, since she didn't have any ride home. On the water, she noticed another boat paddling in the opposite way in front of them. When they finally came into view, there were three silhouettes, but she immediately recognized the man in front.

"Max, can you please bring us closer to the boat in front of us?" She commanded politely.
He nodded and obeyed, paddling a little bit faster to the other boat.

"Gildarts!" She called out as soon as we were only a few feet away. She leaned forward to hear him better.

"Alexa? You couldn't have any more perfect timing!" The crash magic user grinned from ear to ear.

"Why? What's wrong?" She questioned confusingly with raised brows.

"There isn't much time, I'll explain everything on our way there. Right now we need you to come with us back to the island." He ordered hastily, paddling at a faster pace.

It didn't take her long to obey his orders. Gildarts was normally a calm and laid back person, but when she saw a small hint of worry and fear in his eyes, she knew she didn't have time to waste. She nodded and jumped on their boat without hesitation.

"Thank you, Max!" The brunette waved him off with a thankful smile.

"No problem! Good luck!" Before he turned his boat around and paddled back to his village.