Stand By You

"What a glorious performance given to use by our Top Coordinator, Zoey!"

The TV screen announced. All the audience was screaming wildly as the Top Coordinator bowed.

Zoey had worked hard to be at the top and it had payed off.

'Zoey really is incredible!' A young coordinator thought. Her eye's were glossed shear happiness. Her Piplup and Togekiss had fought Zoey's Glameow and Gallade valiantly at the Grand Festival. But they had unfortunately lost.

The coordinator stood up from her seat and walked upstairs to her bedroom.

As she approached her room a small penguin pokemon walked past her with a coloring paper, along with a 64 pack of crayons.

The coordinator giggled at her pokemon before turning into her bedroom. She smiled at her desk top, that had her five contest ribbons neatly arranged in a picture frame.

Each ribbon shared a wonderful memory of her past won contests. Every opponent the girl had faced put up a great battle and show of moves.

Next to the picture frame of ribbons was a picture of a boy and his Pikachu.

At this the coordinator sighed. It had been nearly a year since she last saw the boy. The day they reunited in Unova was spectacular!

Not only had the coordinator seen the boy again, she had also made new friends.

Of course the boy's new travel companies were a bit more characteristic, they could never keep her from seeing her old friend.

Memories of her last encounter with the boy kept flooding her mind. These memories gave way to a new idea.

Hastily the coordinator ran out of her room and down the stairs. She quickly rushed into the kitchen to where her mother, Johanna, was drinking coffee.

"Mom? Can I ask you a serious question please?"

Johanna set down her coffee cup and turned towards her daughter.

"Of course dear. What do you need to ask?"

The young coordinator smiled unsurely.

"Well mom.... You see I've been thinking......" Every inch of the young coordinators mind was waiting for her to spit out her thoughts.

With a sudden adrenaline rush, the young coordinator gained enough courage to say what she wanted.

"I want to go traveling again. Not here in Sinnoh, but out beyond! I really want to go to the Kalos Region! I've heard they have these really amazing contests! Almost like when I went to Hoenn, but much more extravagant."

'There you said it.'

Johanna stared at her daughter in silence. Her expression was too blank to tell what she was thinking.

The young coordinator herself looked disappointed. She had no idea what her mother might say. She might say 'No way your leaving. Let alone farther away from me.'

Just as Dawn was about to go back up to her room, and slide her back to the wall and sink in saddenness and despair, the unthinkable happened. Johanna got up and gave the young coordinator a hug.

Gently rubbing her daughters hair, she began to speak. "Oh my little girl. Of course you can go travel to Kalos."

For a second the young coordinator stood frozen in place. Her mother actually said yes! Tears began to form at the corners of both their eyes.

The two hugged and cried for several minuets before pulling away to go book a flight on their laptop.

Johanna found several flights for that night. Some of which would leave in several hours.

"So Dawn, which flight do you want to take? You can always fly on Togekiss too if you'd prefer that."

Dawn laughed at she looked to the laptop screen.

"Mom! I'm not going to force Togekiss to fly me to another region. But, I think I'll take the 10 o'clock flight to Kalos."

Setting aside her laptop, Johanna flicked Dawn's hair.

"Well you better go hurry and pack. ONLY the necessities. And which pokemon will you be taking? Or would you prefer to just bring them all?"

Bring a finger to her chin, the young coordinator pondered.

'Who should I take?'

With a slight shove to the back, Dawn walked back upstairs. If she brought just Piplup then how would the other's feel? Then again if she just brought them all it would be easier, no hard feelings.

Grabbing a new yellow backpack with a Lunar Wing keychain attached, the young coordinator began to pack.

She packed several of her signature outfit, a few hair care products, extra pokeballs, money, and some food supplies.

With everything now packed nicely, time was given to travel to the airport.

***************************

"Good-bye my sweet little girl. Have a safe trip and enjoy your journey. Don't forget to inform me when your entering in a contest."

The young coordinator nodded happily.

"Good-bye mom. There's no need to worry! I'll be just fine. I promise to call as soon as I land."

With a final hug, Dawn boarded her plane. She ran to an open seat with a window. With Piplup sitting on her lap the duo waved out the window.

The plane took off nearly seconds later. A song began to play as well.

((http://youtu.be/FkgJ107T85Q)) Dawn smiled at Piplup who yawned, he laid on his trainer and feel to sleep. The young coordinator looked out her window as a tear found it's way down her cheek.

"I'll be there soon, Ash...."

***************************

"We're finally here Piplup! The Kalos Region!"

"Piplup!" The water penguin twirled on one foot. He too was just as excited to see Ash and Pikachu once more.

"We should hurry and find a pokemon center to stay at."

"Piplup Pip!" Piplup said. He pointed at a digital map on the wall.

The coordinator looked at it for several seconds.

"Looks like the closet one is in Santalune City." She muttered.

"Ok then let's go there Piplup, to Santalune City!"

The duo ran out the airport, passing a large tv with a news report.

"This just in an organization known as Team Flare has just arrested. Thanks to the help of a young trainer named Ash along with his Pikachu and friends."