70 - 8 Voice Messages

Gabriel Alexandra's old phone.

The day Alexandra left.
Voice message from Jack River.
6:03pm

"You're probably in France right now. And I just. Fuck. Fuck! I fucked it up. My job was so fucking easy. Ang alagaan ka. And I still fucked it up. I know you're thinking it was a few dates between us. But believe it or not. It was the best fucking dates I had. I..I.. I don't know what I'm fucking feeling right now. I should've, I should've just hide it sana kasama kita ngayon. Having our lunch date. But, B..but I couldn't lie to you. I'm so fucking sorry I betrayed you. I know I said that kiss made me confused. But, Alexandra, it doesn't. It makes it more clearer now. And I'm fucking too late. I want to fucking follow you so bad. Baby. Baby. A..Alexandra. Balik ka na sa'ken. Balik ka na."

End voice message
6:10 pm

Gabriel Alexandra's old phone.

2 Weeks after Alexandra left
Voice message from Jack River.
1:03 am

Heavy breathing.
"Alexandra, why, why are you with that stupid Blake? Nag-seselos na'ko, Baby."
Passes out.

End voice message
1:04 am

Gabriel Alexandra's Old Phone

Throwback post of Anabelle
Voice message from Jack River.
11:05 pm

"I..I.." clears throat "Have you seen Anabelle's post? If.. if you did. I asked her to put it down. I'm sure Cleo and the girls told you that it was some throwback photo." Sighs heavily.
"Gusto kong sabihin na it was nothing. But that would be a shitty thing to say. That photo meant something from the past. I just.. I just hope hinde 'yung magiging dahilan ng hinde mo pag-balik sa'kin" A few hearbeats. "Um, it's 11:07 now here. Kakauwi from the office. And, yeah. Mat actually called. He needed something lang and sya na din nag-remind na I need to go home na pala. And.. and, matutulog na'ko. At bukas... Bukas, wala ka pa din sa tabi ko."10 seconds had passed. "Good night, Baby."

End voice message
11:12 pm

Gabriel Alexandra's Old Phone

4 Months after Alexandra left
Voice message from Jack River.
10:04 pm

"Alexandra. I was hoping na uuwi ka na din. I.. I thought just 4 months. I talked to your Kuya Griff. He said he didn't know when you're coming home. I have a surprise for you. I'm working really hard for it. And and... And I know I asked you too many times to come home. But now, take all the time you need. Hihintayin pa din naman kita. But Baby, 'wag naman masyado matagal, hmm? Malapit na malapit na kita gustong sunduin. But, it.. it scares me to think na pag-pinuntahan kita. Hinde ka sasama. Na hinde ka sasama kase ayaw mo na talaga. Baka hinde ko kayanin. I'll wait for you. I will always wait for you.
And, uh, yeah. Still here at the office. Uuwi na din ako mamaya. Good night, My Baby sungit."

End voice message
10:13 pm

Gabriel Alexandra's Old Phone

Opening of Alexandra DLV Hotel
Voice Message from Jack River.
1:00 am

"Hey, Baby. I guess you don't know. You know Mr. De Ventura was building a Hotel? I bought it from him. I started to build it when you left. It's the opening day today. I hope you don't mind, I named it after you. I hope you're proud of me. I'll wait for you to come back so you can open your Restaurant in our Hotel. As many as you want. It's my love letter for you. You're the inspiration behind it. You will always be. I miss you so so bad, Alexandra. Balik ka na."

End Voice Message
1:04am

Gabriel Alexandra's Old Phone

The night after the Opening of Alexandra DLV
Voice message from Jack River.
1:04 am

"Baby. I'm sorry about what Anabelle posted.
And the stupid comments that followed. My cousins are ready to whooped some ass. The girls told me about it. And and.. I know, I know you don't want to make patol, hmm? But, Baby. Isa pa. May kalalagyan lahat sila. But I guess, it's my fault, too. I was too busy about the opening. I didn't have the time to open social media. Wala ka naman dun. But then I saw your photo. You're sooo soo damn pretty, My Baby. And and and I read your comment. Uwi ka na, please. Please."

Gabriel Alexandra's Old Phone

Two days after the opening of the Hotel
Voice Message from Jack River.
4:04 am

"Alexandraaa. I.. I had some drink. I'm so fucking drunk. I'm getting numb. I should feel happy about the Hotel. And I am. 'Cause it's for you, my Baby. Akala ko, babalik ka din. And I just.. I just feel so fucking empty. Kulang na kulang. Please, come back. Come back to me."

End voice message
4:07am

Gabriel Alexandra's Old Phone

Morning after Jack's Voice Message
Voice Message from Jack River.
11:00am

"Hi, Baby. I didn't mean to dump my yesterday's drama on you. I was just missing you so bad. I am missing you so bad. Have I told you? I haven't had breakfast since you left.
Hmm. Well, if you can call coffee a breakfast.
I want to have my breakfast next to you.
Alexandra. I am ruined without you.
Come back to me, Baby."

End Voice Message
11:05am