part four

"wooooohhooooooo," i yelled sticking my tongue out and shaking my head. i threw my red solo cup onto the ground after just chugging its contents.

"slow down lover boy," kiara came over to me and patted my chest.

"are you really on this lover boy shit again? what's that about," i whined.

"your new kook princess is here," she smirked and nodded her head towards something behind me.

sure enough when i turned around the brunette was walking onto the beach. she had on ripped jeans and a tank top and her hands were clasped together in front of her, she looked nervous, shy almost.

"oh well," i slurred. turning back around and heading towards the keg.

"oh well it is then," kiara laughed following me to grab another cup.

after a few more drinks, drinking games, pointless conversation, and laughter, the sun had set and we started the bonfire.

i was sitting on some logs having a conversation with pope, ki, and our friends elaine, lilah and jonas when i turned my head to see the new girl. she was somehow always in my line of sight.

i almost glanced away but before i did i noticed something was wrong. topper was with her and he had a hand on her waist but i could tell she was trying to pry it off. she looked wildly uncomfortable and was trying to back away but topp wasn't letting her.

even if she was a kook and annoyed me for no reason there was no way i was going to let topper get away with anything like that involving a girl.

i began to walk over to where they were standing and started to hear some of their conversation as i got closer.

"um no i- uh- i don't really want to um- i-" the brunette stuttered.

"oh come on, it's not that big a deal," topper said as his grip on her waist tightened.

i took a few more long and quick strides before i made it over to them.

"i think she said no topp," i growled.

topper immediately let go of the girls waist and she took a step back, her head whipping towards me.

"jj! buddy! if it isn't just my favorite pogue!" topp slurred sarcastically. i narrowed my eyes at him.

"gotta warn you babe," he said glancing at the girl, "you don't want to be hanging out with a pogue like him."

"get the fuck outta here topper," i said through gritted teeth.

"oh yeah or what," topper snarled.

"oh i think you know what," i said.

"what? you gonna pull out that gun again?" he retorted. and at that i lost it and my fist collided with his jaw. i heard the girl gasp behind me.

he stumbled back immediately raising his hand to his jaw.

"you fucking dirty pogue," he snapped and charged at me knocking me over to the ground. he got a clean jab on my cheekbone before i flipped him around and clipped him on his jaw. as i brought my arm back for another swing someone grabbed at my bicep and yanked me back.

topper scrambled to his feet but before he could launch forward towards me again kelce was quick to grab onto his arm and hold him back for what i knew was the exact reason kiara was holding me back too.

"are you fucking crazy! you're fresh off of probation, you know damn well a fight could get your ass in jail right now," kiara scolded.

topper had also been on probation for god knows why but only for about a month in the fall. he was still on thin ice with the cops though, his relations to rafe did not make anything easier for him during the sheriff peterkin trial.

the crowd that had formed around us during the fight had began to disperse and everyone went back to minding their own business.

"fucking hell jj your lip burst open again i swear if you get this same wound one more damn time i-" ki was still yelling at me but i drowned her out when i made eye contact with the girl.

her eyes were wide and her arms were crossed in front of her. she was biting her lip and i could tell she was breathing heavy from the rapid rising and falling of her chest.

her eyes met mine and she gave me a smile while tucking a hair behind her ear. she scanned the beach once more with her eyes and turned around, i assume to head back to her car.

suddenly a hand collided with my cheek and my head whipped around to face kiara again.

"ki what the hell!" i exclaimed, raising a hand to touch my now burning cheek.

"were you not listening to me dipshit? i told you to go home and put some ice on that eye of yours," she scowled.

"ice? for this? come on now ki, topp barely even touched me," i retorted.

"oh yeah, tell that to your black eye in the morning," she said.

i rolled my eyes and huffed.

"go home lover boy," she smirked.

"kiara i swear to-" i began.

"i know you punched him for that girl," she teased. "kinda cute of you."

"i punched him because he's a pig," i tersely stated.

"yeah yeah whatever you say." and with that she turned on her heel and went back to the bonfire.