CHAPTER 40 : Tormented

Chapter 40 : Tormented

"She invited you. Aren't you going?"

"Don't change the subject Vince! Why did you tell him we were engaged when we're actually not?!" I plopped in the bed because I missed laying down like this.

"Well why not? He wouldn't shut up kung hindi ko sinabi yun. And what's wrong with you anyway, don't tell me you still love that jerk Sam? Kaya ba ayaw mong sabihin ko yun 'cause you want his hopes up?" I grunted in frustration.

"No. That wasn't it. I just..."

"Just what?" He was waiting for me to retort but I haven't thought of the reason. What is it actually? What do I feel? Bakit nga ba ayaw kong ipasabi?

"Even if you didn't say it, it won't change anything. He's engaged dumbass. I just don't want to lie. I hate lies." It came out from thin-air. I haven't even processed it in my mind properly, I just spit out like chewed gum.

"Fine. But do me a favor and attend Molly's party. They said it's her last wish." My heart felt crumpled and torn into pieces. I've been crying since I've heard the news.

She has leukemia and I guess her body's beginning to weaken dapat lang talaga na pumunta ako doon pero I had second thoughts kasi sa tingin ko, after leaving them for four years without any notice parang wala na akong mukhang maihaharap sakanila.

"Will you be coming?" I hope he does. I know that I want someone to depend on at that time.

"Hindi. You have to face this on your own. Hindi naman sa ayaw ko, I just don't want you to depend on other people that much. Tsaka, I know na hinahanap-hanap mo itong kapogian ko pero mag tiis ka naman kahit onti." Binato ko siya nung unan and he laughed.

"But remember that you can always call me. Better start packing." Mukhang prepared siya dahil he went out at pagkabalik niya ay may hatak-hatak siyang maleta.

"I hate you."

"I know you meant thanks." He chuckled and I began packing my things.

After that ay nagpahinga muna ako. I feel so tired and drained, I really need sleep right now.

"Hun!!" A girl from behind shouted but his jaw was still clenched and his eyes didn't stop looking at our hands.

Lumapit yung babae at inakap yung braso niya.

"Hey hun! Who is she? Why not introduce me?" His eyes suddenly averted into the girl and his mood changed. He let out a playful smile.

"This is, Megan Reiss. My--"

"Soon to be wife of Mr. Capistrano." She offered her hand so I shook it.

"Are you okay hun? I was looking for you. Kinabahan talaga ako, good thing Vincent contacted me and told me the location." She beamed.

"Excuse us but we have some important business to attend." He pulled me and we left.

So she's Megan? The one, true, great and first love of Keitthe. The one he cried of, the one he longed for, the one he hasn't forgotten about.

I laughed. Fuck Alexcia, you're pathetic.

After a tedious day, I prepared my things and went straight to the location.

My heart was beating rapidly. I don't know what to expect here. Maybe there'll be slaps, tears or something even worse so I'm preparing myself emotionally.

The sand went inside my slippers and the sun's heat stings on my skin, good thing I applied sunscreen before even going here. The sun was too bright even if I'm seeing it with my vintage-styled sunnies.