49

Remus and Tonks arrived later that same day. They were at the table getting some of the food. Irena saw Harry talking to Remus. It was getting late. After spending some time at the Burrow Remus, and Tonks were getting ready to leave.

Fred, Irena, George, and Alek were also going to leave soon. Alek was in his crib sleeping Remus and Tonks waved goodbye. Irena smiled at them and waved back. She didnt really talk to them, but Remus was her professor for her 5th year.

He was a great professor. Irena and Fred watched them go to the door while Harry was hugging Remus. Something was wrong. Remus was standing outside the door, looking ahead; it was dark. "Sweetheart," said Tonks, looking at Remus and trying to see what he was looking at. Then there was a large fire circulating the Burrow.

Bellatrix Lestrange appeared in front of the fire with a wicked smile. Seeing Bellatrix, Harry went after her. "Harry, no," Irena heard Arthur say, trying to stop him from going after her.

Remus went running after him, but the fire was in the way. Tonks and Remus tried to control the fire.

Out of nowhere, they saw Ginny running outside. Fred tried to stop her, but she kept running after Harry.

Finally, Remus, Tonks, and Arthur were able to go after them.

Fred and Irena started to get close to the door seeing if they could help. Fred stopped Irena before she went outside, "Rena, stay inside with Alek; you will be safe here," said Fred with worried eyes.

Irena wanted to protest, but she stayed. She was still close by the door.

Out of a sudden, the Burrow was catching fire. The two death eaters were sending fire-making spells, most likely Incendio.

She saw how the Burrow was burning in flames; she needed to get Alek.

Fred seeing the Burrow on fire, his first thought was Irena and his son.

He ran inside.

"Fred," screamed Molly.

"Rena! Where are you," asked Fred. There was smoke, and he couldnt see her. A few minutes ago, she was here close to the door.

Irena heard a loud cry, and she started to cough, the smoke getting too much. She needed to get Alek her son. He was so small and fragile she wouldn't let anything happen to him. She would never forgive herself.

The smoke was getting too much; she couldnt see clearly; she followed the sound of Aleks cries. She also heard Fred scream her name. She turned around, looking at him as he was going after her. She couldnt stop; she needed to get Alek out of there.

Irena found his crib; he wasnt hurt; he was only scared.

She got him and hugged him. "Im here," she said, closing her eyes relief he was safe, but now they needed to get out of there.

She got the blanket that was on the crib and covered his whole body. She went back, looking for the front door to get out of there. Wood was falling, there were flames everywhere, and she didnt have her wand with her.

She walked faster; she saw a small opening with no fire, she ran towards it.

"Rena come on," she heard Fred; she was able to see that he wasn't that far. She held Alek closer to her. "Come on, the door is over here," said Fred. They were almost out.

"Irena... Fred," screamed George. She caught up to where Fred was waiting for them. He pointed to a path he had cleared. He was running behind her, wanting to get them out first. Once out of the Burrow, George ran up to them. "Are you two alright? How is Alek?" Irena moved the blanket from his face; he had stopped crying, feeling safe in his mother's arms.

He wasn't hurt, and there were no visible bruises. "He is alright, just scared."

Fred hugged Irena tightly; he didn't want to think what could have happened if Irena had been inside longer. He was happy to have Irena and Alek in his arms; he never wanted to let go.

The Weasley watched as their childhood home burned in flames; they were speechless. Irena rested her head on Fred's shoulder, and he placed his arms around her shoulder.

--------------------

Can't believe February of 1996 has 7,000 reads; thank you so much for reading. ❤️

Also, I have a new book that I'm working on called Set in Stone if you want to check it out :)

From a young age, Adhara Black was taught to look down on any wizard who wasn't pureblood. Her beliefs as her parents were the same: she believed that purebloods should be in charge and muggles shouldn't exist. She thought her path was set in stone; she did everything her parents asked her to. Can Remus Lupin help Adhara realize that her path is not set in stone? Is there a possibility that Adhara can be good?