HEARTACHE I

twenty-two | Heartache I

ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴏᴍᴍʏ's ᴇxɪʟᴇ ᴠɪᴇɴɴᴀ

ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴏᴍᴍʏ's ᴇxɪʟᴇ
ᴠɪᴇɴɴᴀ

As I watched the boy walk away, Dream following at his heels, I couldn't help but feel guilty. I felt as if it were my fault that Tommy was exiled, that if I just kept my damn mouth shut then Tubbo wouldn't have made the decision. But somehow I knew that even if I did shut up, Tubbo would've still sent his friend away, no matter what. Though, that didn't help subside the feeling inside of my chest.

Tubbo left the area first, his feet splashing in the mud echoing in my ears as he did. Then it was Fennen with Mavern and Ainsley at his side, I heard quiet mumblings from them as they walked deeper into New L'Manburg. One by one, everyone left the wall, quiet voices or silence left in their trail, right up until it left me alone, starring at the dark wall that surrounded the town. This felt familiar, in a twisted way.

Starring at the black wall, I see L'Manburg when it was new, barely touched by the world. I see the ridge Dream and I stood on, a flame tipped arrow held steady in my hands as I drew back my bow. I see the dark walls that once encased the new nation, the people's heads popping over the edge to stare at the arrow flying through the air, grounding itself near a small pond. Almost hitting a fellow fox I've found to be very kind.

I remember the way Dream spoke, the way I felt the earth shake from under my feet as he threatened those people. I couldn't get that thought out of my head, his voice shaking with anger, his fists clenched around an old, tattered mask. He terrified me that day, and he still managed to terrify me now.

Turning from the wall, afraid of the memories that would return to me, I stare at the muddy town around me. The massive hole where old L'Manburg once stood, where the old plaza use to be now filled with water after the many rain storms since that day. I can see the colorful corals and fish Philza had filled it with after the water accumulated. I stare at the walkways crisscrossing over the lake, the houses sitting on stilts and on the wood. It didn't look right, it looked like a painting that was missing details, missing any colors. It just look, wrong.

I do spot something hung up on a board, something that did have color specifically, pink, blue, gold and red. It looked familiar, and it looked new at the same time, I don't think I've ever seen it before. I take a step in its direction, I don't even comprehend if it's still raining or not, I just think of this new, colorful thing.

I walk up the stairs, my armor thudding on the boards grounded me as I take in the worn poster. I wore the armor because I knew it would get cold, and I wore the cloak to stay warm as well, but even with my layers I still felt a chill run down my spine as I stare at the waterlogged paper with the words, 'Wanted, dead or alive,' scattered across the top.

A picture, or something, printed onto a large poster, nailed to a board. A man, wearing heavy armor and a slight frown, a golden crown tipped with rust. His face was dark, but the large, white canine teeth and red scars sprouting from the corners of his frown were bright. Many would think this man was a monster from the way the scars dripped blood slightly, having opened back up after just healing. Many would tell a story about this man to their children to keep them in line, but I knew this man to be kind, no matter what he did.

I knew the man to be very kind, giving. He protected me, and trained my friends, he gave us hope, and gave up his own comfort for our own. I knew this man, or at least I though that I did. His name was Technoblade, and he fought beside us and was the main reason we were still alive. We owned this man our lives, but now we wanted him dead. Well, someone did, I did not.

I frown, and walk past the poster. I wasn't saying that what Technoblade did was right, but truly, it wasn't wrong either. He definitely got his point across, just not in a very peaceful way, but it wasn't like we were in the most civil of situations. We killed the current president with an arrow through his brain on his birthday, then the whole nation was exploded after a new president was appointed and was in the middle of his speech. Then the man who blew up the nation was killed by his request by his father, and then two Withers were created and destroyed some things, thankfully only harming the residents of New L'Manburg.

I rid my mind of the terrible incident, heartache forming as I walk further away from the dark wall, and closer to my home in the woods.

My eyes widen, and I fasten my pace, remember the person I have stationed in my house who just so happened to not be human at all, instead it was a horned ghost with a drinking problem. Who was the previous president killed, and I was the only person who could see him..

923 words
:|

Short chapter, sorry for that, but I had a terrible time writing this one :/