48 HOURS

Five | 48 ʜᴏᴜʀs

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʀᴛʜᴏᴜsᴇ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ
ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʀᴛʜᴏᴜsᴇ

Everyone had their eyes trained on the blonde boy, watching as he looked at the cell in which his best friend put him in. The boy had a hardened gaze, and a slight fidget in his left hand. A jacket wrapped around his shoulders with a small flag on the breast pocket. The blonde stares at the wall as the citizens of L'Manburg gathered around a low laying table, their low voices filling his clouded mind. Yet he could distinguish between the voices, couldn't match them to a name or a face.

"Dream wants Tommy gone, but he's our Vice President.."

"He isn't just that-"

"We have 48 hours until Dream wants an answer. If Tubbo told us sooner maybe we would've gotten somewhere, but he didn't and here we are."

The citizens bickered back and forth, deciding Tommy's fate for him. Deciding whether or not if Tommy gets exiled. They people had mixed feelings about the whole ordeal, some wanted Tommy to stay, but didn't want to risk war. And other's wanted him to be exiled to escape Dream's wrath. No one wanted to get on his bad side, not now especially.

The people argued in the small courthouse, they shouted and raged. They threw books and pens at the walls, punching the table hard enough it echoes around the white stone walls. The people are separated, and scared, and unsure of their next actions.

Everyone except a lonely woman in the back corner, watching from afar as she shifts through every ounce of information she had accumulated over the years, however short they were for her. Her silver hair was pulled back in a low hanging braid, and her fingers tapped slowly on an old book in her lap. She never once looked at the cell where her friend was held, or where the two toned man stood against the opposite wall from her. She simply listened to the people around her, keeping quite until she was spoken to.

"Vienna, you fought with dream, and against him. What are his weak points?" The man who looked more fox then human asked, his fingers grabbing at the hem of his black jacket. The woman looks up to the fox, noticing a small glint of hope shine in his eyes. Despite losing his father last winter, Fundy was still hopeful. Was still upbeat, always was, even after Wilbur died. Vienna wasn't so lucky.

"I-" Vienna starts, but shuts her mouth rather quickly. She has a perplexed expression on her face, eyes darting around in search of her missing words. She finds them starring at the wall where Ranboo stands, his eyes trained on the floor as his hands shook. "He was on one life the last I checked, but considering he may be one of the richest people in this world, he may have upgraded since we last spoke.

"He isn't as good with archery as he is with swords or axes. He prefers to be on the high ground, even if it is worse for him. He doesn't make unnecessary moves, not when he doesn't need to." The woman lists, counting off on her hands as the others take note. She didn't know why the question was needed, she knew the others couldn't possible be thinking to go to war with Dream, again. Fundy nods his head, and looks down, feelings stupid for even asking. No one else was interested anyways, they were too busy fighting with each other then listening to reason.

"This is a shit show-" Vienna whispers, and she heard a snicker in front of her. Looking up with a sigh she saw Ranboo leaning his body towards her, a soft laugh falling from his lips, though his expression is still stressed. Vienna doesn't react to the man just simply returns her gaze to the book in her lap, wishing to be in her bed, or with a cup of tea. Just anywhere but here.

"We have to exile him!" The blue haired woman shouted out of no where, standing with a force that knocked her chair over. The red-head beside her gently pulled her seat up from the ground, and pulled the blue haired woman down into it as well. They interlocked hands under the table as the people started arguing again, but President Tubbo simply sat with his elbows on the tables, fingers digging into his temples.

The two women were lovers, and their names were Mavern Drake, the red-head with green eyes. And Ainsley Jones, the blue-haired woman with a temper. They came to L'Manburg hoping for a better life. Others weren't accepting of their relationship, and some never would be, they understood that. Why they came to L'Manburg, was after the town they were staying in threw rocks through their windows in the middle of the night, and almost burned their house down. They were told by the mayor that it wouldn't happen again, that they were safe. But they packed their things that very night, and left before anyone could stop them, before anyone could say anything or do anything more to them.

A month into their travels, they heard the explosions and saw the light from the Withers. They were curious and found the rubble of the once great nation, and they found the people left behind by the ruins. About two months after the funeral. They were quickly accepted by everyone around them, and were taken in by the citizens. They were given a safe haven, even if it was a little blown to pieces. They helped rebuild and helped fix everything, and they were closer then ever. Yet, even in all this time, Vienna had never gotten to meet them.

"We can't seriously think that going to war with Dream again-" Ainsley starts again, but a shouting voice that belonged to Quackity erupted from his seat.

"No one said that Ainsley!"

"I'm sure as hell some of you were thinking it Quack!" Ainsley retorted, her hair whipping past her face as she starred the man down, her blue eyes alight with a fire that was not easily snuffed out. She was a force of nature, according to Mavern, she always was. That's why they fell in love with each other. Ainsley was a raging forest fire, and Mavern was a calming sea. They were opposites, but opposites attract.

"We aren't going to exile him, but we aren't going to war." President Tubbo spoke, one of the only things he had said this entire meeting. He said two other things, one was when he locked Tommy in the cell, and to Vienna before the meeting started.

"I'm doing this for the well being of L'Manburg."

and,

"Whatever happens, look out for Tommy."

It was always Tubbo and Tommy, but that was before.

𝟷𝟷𝟺𝟻 ᴡᴏʀᴅs