Chapter 56: The White Room

When I woke up, I woke up in a place I was unfamiliar with. I was laying on the ground staring at a gray sky and high trees barely holding any leaves. The clouds seemed to be moving at a fast pace and the branches of the trees curved in sinister directions. It reminded me of the trees in old horror cartoons and movies.

I slowly lifted my aching head which felt like it weighed more than me. When I could look around, I noticed that I was laying in a pile of wet leaves. I stood up and wiped the remaining leaves on my shirt and pants off of me.

A branch breaking somewhere close by caught my attention. When I turned around, I saw a boy. He was very pale in color with small dark eyes. His hair was either brown or extremely dirty. He also had dirt all over his face, hands, and clothes. Speaking of his clothes, they were tattered. He looked like a boy who had been living in these woods. What I failed to notice were his ears. They were rotting...

"Hello?" I said as he stared at me with this wide and creepy smile on his face. My voice echoed the words, "hello," five times, growing lower and lower. It was creepy. Was I dreaming? I wondered.

The boy, who looked like he was seven, now pointed to the ground. He then starting digging for almost a full minute until he stopped and picked up a small plastic bag. It was a bag full of bones. Human bones.  "These are my remains," he looked at me once more. "You better find yours before it's too late," he whispered.

I finally woke up, this time in my bed. I looked around my room making sure there was no boy and no bones. Just like in the dream, my head still was hurting. There was something new about my room though. Everything I ever owned was gone and the room was painted white. My sheets were white, my mattress was white, even my clothes was white. 

I didn't believe that I was in my room until I walked out of it and saw that everything else in our house was normal. Every part except my room. I walked down the stairs.

 "Dad!" I called out.

He walked out of the living room in all white pajamas. "Oh, hey dear. Are you hungry? I wasn't sure when you would wake up again."

"What?" I stopped walking and squinted my eyes at him.

"Yeah," he walked towards me. "You tripped and fell outside and your head hit the side of a flower pot."

I placed my hand on my head. "No, that's not what h-" Actually, I didn't remember what had happened to me and why my head was hurting so badly.

"You were out for almost two days," he said.

"Why am I dressed in white?" I demanded, ignoring his fake caring voice. "Why is my room the only room that's completely white and why are you dressed in white?"

My father laughed. "It's one of my new ideas. If you won't join us, then we'll have to make you want to join us. I don't want to kill you, Violet. But if you join us, then your mother will and we can be a family again." He groaned and placed his fingers on his temple. He looked really frustrated. "Violet, please. I want your mother. I want you and her to be a part of something amazing."

I shook my head, trying to look serious as possible. "I will never join you..." I said in a low voice. "And neither would mother."

I ran back upstairs only to hear my father call me. "Fine!" He yelled as loud as he could. "I won't wait long, Violet! You'll want to join us sooner or later!"

I didn't look back. I ran inside of my room and locked the door. However, as soon as I locked the door, the lock disappeared along with the doorknob. "No," I said, placing my hands on the door. I kicked and punched at it but it was no use. Even my windows were gone.

"You're going to lose it in here," Abby said. I didn't notice her standing by the closet.

I frowned and took a deep breath. "What is he doing to me?"

She looked at me as if she really felt sorry for me. "The first day won't be so bad, however, you will never get used to this. This room will irritate you deeply. You will walk around, but nothing will help. Leaning on walls, waiting to get out of here will be the only thing you'll look forward to every single day. Eventually, the silence will haunt you. You will hear voices, maybe even intense ringing sounds. So loud that you will have to cover up your ears. Let's hope that's all you'll hear. I think the worse part about being here alone by yourself is being alone with your thoughts. You will begin to question your sanity until you have nothing else to question. In the end, you will do anything to get out of here."

I let that sink in for a moment. "You can tell  my father, that I would rather lose myself behind these walls then lose myself to the darkness."

Abby shrugged. "As you wish. Personally, if I could, I'd kill you by now. You're just a few moments aways from dying and I hope your father ends your life soon. I want to see you suffer so badly," she flashed a smile at me. "Each day I have to wait. I'll be patient with our father."

I smiled at her. "Wow, you two are so close."

"That's not what I meant," she rolled her eyes. "He didn't want to tell you this but...he had me by my mother. Yes, that's right. He's a cheater and I'm your half sister...and also the better child."

I closed my eyes for a second then opened them. "I won't let your words get to me. You both are just evil liars."

Abby chuckled. "Goodluck in here," she said looking around. She headed towards the door, walking straight past it.

I sat on the bed and stared at my hair. It was the only thing that wasn't white. I let my hands run down it, doing my best not to watch the walls around me and hoping, I would not lose myself here.

***

Okay, guys, next few chapters is Mr. Harmon's last point of views, then also Violets. Do you guys really think Mr. Harmon wants them to join him? He seems pretty desperate for Violet to join...Do you think the walls will work? Or will he finally give up? ;D

Though, the answer to that last question is in Hide and Seek XD

BTW Ryan will return!